At this year's holiday get-together, invite your guests to serve themselves a craft cocktail that looks just as inviting and impressive as your fete feels.
Intentional hostessing does not require the most fashionable outfit, a spotless designer home, or the prettiest set of matching china. All that's needed is a welcoming smile, an interesting anecdote to use when introducing guests to one another, and a cocktail made effortless by pre-party preparation, so that she can focus on basking in the glow of her guests rather than mixing refills.
The graceful women who came before us knew the power of an effortless cocktail, and that's why they made punch. We've modernized this punch with a fresh, craft cocktail approach and none of the sugary sherbet and soda of yesteryear. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice and homemade grenadine take this punch from special to impressive--never mind that your guests don't know how easy the ingredients were to make!
The following Pomegranate Gin Punch recipe, provided by Happy Camper Cocktail Company, is curated to bring people together over fresh, farm to table cocktails right in the comfort of your own home.
Pomegranate Gin Punch
5 oz Old Tom Gin
3 oz Grand Marnier
3 oz homemade grenadine *see below
4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
Pomegranate and lemon garnish
1/2 a bottle of Prosecco
- Mix ingredients together in the punch bowl of your choosing.
- Stir, and pour. (Or better yet, let guests help themselves!)
1 cup pomegranate juice, no sugar added
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Heat pomegranate juice in a small saucepan over medium heat until steam rises from the surface and a few bubbles have formed but do not let it boil. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until it has dissolved and the liquid is no longer cloudy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in orange juice and cook 1-2 minutes more, then let the syrup cool to room temperature and store it in a container with a tight-fitting lid, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
Blog + Recipe by Belinda Kelly
Dreamer and cocktail enthusiast, Belinda is the proud owner of the Happy Camper Cocktail Company, a "garden to glass" beverage caterer in Seattle, WA. With duties spanning from recipe creation and testing to draft system design to social media, Belinda is a busy and well hydrated individual.
Follow her on Instagram @happycampercocktails.
Blog Photos by Markie Wheeler-Jones
Markie is a PNW Wedding photographer, mother to two adorable little fireball girls and two rather overactive dogs and loves to find new adventures around the Bonney Lake area. She enjoys photographing intimate engagement sessions and weddings throughout the Greater Seattle Area.
Connect with her on Instagram @markielynne.